Thursday, August 6, 2009

Some Things God

It was a quiet night, there weren't any clouds out, the stars were overwhelming in their number and brightness, and it was still. No wind, very little noise, 1 A.M. in a small rural southern community. There in the stillness of that moment is when God, the supreme creative maker of all, chose to break into the life before Him, and totally astonish my humanity. The first impression He gave me had to do with finite resources, and infinite need. We aren't handling those real well, which is where God kicked it off at, and then He did this amazing thing, He let me know that He knows that this is what we face and that I should begin to see the problem from another perspective. Now to my mind, at the time, that perspective seemed so, beyond, anything that would make sense, and yet, suddenly and with overwhelming power, God introduced me to just a smidgen of the sorrow that he handles, as the tears welled up inside me, the reality of people perishing for lack of needs being met, hit home with a full force. The second thing God showed me in that instant, is that He communicates with clarity to the human heart that is ready to understand the enormous amount of trust He has in us. Consider this from the Bible:
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few [stripes]. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Please check MGR out

No comments:

ShareThis